Saturday, December 1, 2012

Here comes the sun....

(doo doo doo doo)

Haha I wish. 

If the sun never set on the British empire during the 19th century, I think it would be safe to say that it never rises on it during the 21st. 

I need some serious Vitamin D in my life!

But who am I to complain? 

I'm living in London! On a road named Palace Court right across the street from Kensington Gardens where William and Kate are moving into at the end of this year! (haha you'd think I'd be over it after 3 months but it's still gets me!)

**********
So the family came and went. And if you couldn't tell by the first half of the week, we don't mess around.

I was telling my friends everything we did that week and they were like "no way did you get all that done!"


We did. Collins know how to do vacations.

Anyways, my mom and Sarah left on Monday morning, and we've had quite a full schedule since then.

Between studying for finals, finishing projects, sightseeing, shopping, attending class, fulfilling my kitchen duties and going out on the town, I've hardly had time to think.

However, we've crossed some of our bucket list items off the list this week, so you could say it's been a success.

Exhibit A)



(sorry I'm not figuring out how to format this video!)



You bet we went to the parent trap house AND learned the handshake before going. 

Exhibit B)


Attempt #1...


And there she is...


In other non-related Beatles news...

We went to Westminster Abbey where we learned about all the royals and their crazy history. My favorite part of the abbey is definitely poets corner (Dickens, Chaucer, Lord Byron, Lewis Carol, Shakespeare and so many more... all memorialized or buried here). Unfortunately, they don't allow you to take any pictures inside of the abbey. Sorry!



Did some shopping at the 20% off night at Covent Gardens. Of course we did, right? Definitely one of my favorite places in London... look at the tree! Christmas bells are ringing?



And who needs to go to Italy when London's got little Venice right up the street?! Although I definitely wouldn't turn down a trip to Italy...




And I guess this is what happens when you spend 24/7 with 40 girls for three months straight... ?


Anyways... it's definitely been a successful week- with updates on Chawton, Bath, and one of the best days I've ever spent in London to come! 

Can't believe I come home in less than two weeks... Fastest semester EVER. Go London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment