Wednesday, December 12, 2012

LES MISERABLES

9 weeks of anticipation.

staying up until 5am the night before to make a dent in homework.

A low of 27 degrees Fahrenheit.

8 hours of standing and waiting.

Making friends with 4 separate security guards to schmooze our way to the front. 

2 pairs of leggings, 3 pairs of socks, a thermal, denim, sweater, coat & scarf. 

4 of the biggest stars in Hollywood, and one of the greatest stories in the world. 


Alright so finals are over, projects are done, and I can finally breathe! 

And even though this happened a week ago... I couldn't neglect...

The red carpet LES MISERABLES movie premiere!

So last Thursday, we had the biggest project known to mankind due. It was seriously some sort of scrapbook or presentation on everything we've seen. 

I'm going to repeat that. everything we've seen. Dates the sites were created, dates we visited, and facts/history about the sites. 

Obviously I didn't start until a few days before, and had hours and hours of homework ahead of me after staying up until the wee hours of the morning Tuesday night.

So what did I do Wednesday?


Headed over to Leicester square right after class (ended at 10...) and with the crew, began to turn our charm on.
Sure enough, a security guard got us right where we thought we wanted to be.


After 8 hours of standing on our feet in the below freezing weather, the stars began to arrive.
Yet of course, they didn't seem to be coming our way. 
Finally, they made it over to us and with our strength in numbers, we were able to get them to come over and get pictures with us!

Daniel Huttlestone as Gavroche...
 (he was honestly the cutest thing in the world! We had a little conversation)


Eddie Raymane plays Marius.. Unbelievably good looking.



Samantha Barks as Eponine...




Amanda Seyfried plays Cosette... 


She was the skinniest thing ever but so beautiful! And really sweet.


And I don't think this one even needs any introduction... but I'll do so anyway. Mainly because I like to be reminded that I met....

Hugh Jackman!


He was unbelievable in the movie. I was so nervous because I was a little apprehensive about the quality of singing with these stars, but I was so impressed.

Now you might be thinking... "red carpet premieres don't mean you get to see the movie..."

And if you are, you're absolutely right.

Because getting pictures with all these stars isn't enough... By some miracle a lady walked up to Kylie and I and asked us if we were together.

We were both kind of nervous and shot each other a look and then tentatively said we were... She then proceeded to say that she had extra tickets to the movie and asked us if we wanted to go!!

Like that's even a question!

Obviously we snatched the tickets from her, and Lily quickly asked if she had anymore. She did, and she told us we needed to be in the theater 5 minutes before 7... which at this point was in about 5 minutes.

We ran over to try to get into the theater, and some security guards pointed us another way. After a couple more times of being pointed in a direction, we found ourselves entering the red carpet. 

The. Red. Carpet. 

So yeah. Not only did I get to meet Hugh Jackman and other stars, but I got to walk the red carpet. Into the theater where the stars were. Where they were premiering Les Miserables for the first time in the world twenty days before it comes out to the public. With the stars.


Best night of my life. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! This is really random but in the picture of you and your friend and Sam, what is the Amanda/Eddie thing you're holding? Is it one of the fancy fold out invitations that went out for the premiere? And what actor was on the tickets for you and your friend? I'm glad you had fun, this was a fun blog to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brett-- I am sorry I just saw this! Haha and it was just like a handout that they were giving out when we were there I think! I am sorry again I wish I had more information for you!

    ReplyDelete