Friday, February 28, 2014

Better late than never? (PART 2)

So honestly... if anyone even reads this.. I just wouldn't plan on me being a regular ya know?

Haha doesn't seem in the cards for me.

I always try to talk myself out of blogging because "my life just isn't interesting enough" (remember... the one and only time I was even close to being good about keeping up on my life here was when I was living in the best city in the world) but then I have to remind myself that one day, my kids would be super stoked on being able to read their mom's silly thoughts when she was 20. Plus then I get frustrated because this is such an exciting time in my life and I want to remember it even if no one else cares!

And imagine how good I am at journaling (that would be not good at all). So this could very well be my children's only shot at any insight into my life. By the time they're old enough to care I'll probably have forgotten it all ya know? 

Oh like two months ago I relayed how Chris and I had met, dated, said goodbye for two years, reunited, and then got engaged! With more details promised to come.

I really am a girl of my word, so no promises being broken here tonight (but if you really aren't interested in my annoyingly, detail-oriented story just scroll to the bottom to see pictures and a video).

On the cold, snowy day on the 23rd of December, my life was forever changed.... haha just kidding, I kind of want to cringe starting that way.

 It was really was the 23rd of December though.

Eliza (my sister-in-law) asked me to come in a little early to work. Smart move on the soon-to-be fiancĂ©'s part because I wasn't suspecting one thing. I showed up to work at 3:45 to be exact, and Eliza seemed to be a little...I guess you could say eager. 

Aka she grabbed me, practically yanked me into the back room, and said to go look over on the desk. Honestly, at this point I was alarmed. 

I slowly made my way over to see (just one of) these. 

Talk about de ja vu! I can't tell you how many envelopes I pulled out of the mail over the course of two years with that chicken scratch-esque handwriting and my address on the front. 

(of course the return address was a little different... you guys we have never been/especially weren't on his mission very love-y)

Anyways, the letter contained a lot of really cute and probably slightly more private words that expressed some feelings of love and Eliza caught me reading it on video. It totally was tender. The bottom of the letter told me to "go to the place where this all started... Oak Canyon Junior High!" 

Legitimately asked Eliza if I didn't have to work as I ran out the front door.

Probably made it to the junior high in record time (seriously I had a whole conversation planned out if I got pulled over) and on the front door was another letter. 

On to the high school I went!

At the high school I couldn't find the dang thing and all the sudden Sarah (little sister) was telling me I was in the wrong place. So that was weird.

From the high school, I went to the place we had our first date (week of my 16th birthday.. miniature golfing at Cascade!), then first kiss (over the altar at the temple!... (or Melville's front porch)).. where I was stalled by members of the Melville family... apparently I was going faster than anticipated (I say it was just bad anticipation).



 finally... I went.... Home!

Where he got down on one knee in front of my house.

Haha just kidding.

The kid is smart. 
He knew I would want to look cute and get some good pictures so he let me "freshen up"
 (but gosh could I sound more high maintenance?)

Finally, for real, I was to go to "the place where we hung out when I first got off my mission" which was the lake. Where we basically spent like everyday we could between him coming home and school starting.

Besides the fact that I was hauling, his planning was impeccable. 

Not to mention he has some crazy good luck.


That sunset! No amount of planning can account for that... Right?

So anyways, I finally get to him where he's waiting on the dock at the Lindon harbor--




And we walked down the rose-petaled, lit ramp to the tent.

Where there was a little box sitting on a stool.

But we just chatted. 


and chatted...


and after what seemed like FOREVER... this happened.


then this...


and it was the best moment ever.

Then all of our friends and family came running down the dock to congratulate us and take pictures.





 And we were both a little stunned...


that I had a RING...



 I was (and still am) especially fond of it...


and was just incredibly excited


 all the while the sunset just got better and better...



And it was honestly the most perfect night ever. 








And from here on out I promise to do shorter/more frequent blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment