Wednesday, November 21, 2012

family business


I think my mom and little sister (who I missed so much) have been looking for an excuse to come to London for a while now, and when they realized I'd be finishing my program right before Christmas, they were so on board. 

I suspected I might want to be home for Christmas, and so I convinced them to come over Thanksgiving break! 

It's been such a blast!

First off, they arrived Saturday morning and told me to come meet them at the flat they are renting for the week. 

I arrived there, walked inside, and set my stuff down....

and then I was attacked. By none other than....


This is Anne. She's my cousin. If you don't know her... you should. 
She's a handful.

My reaction to her and her mom surprising me by coming with my mom and sister could not have been better. I had NO idea!

I've been the unofficial London tour guide for the last 5 days, and you would not believe what we've done. 

But a picture's worth a thousand words... right? 

Saturday

Portobello market
Piccadilly Circus
Fortnum & Mason
Covent Gardens






Sunday
(jet lag + not seeing these ladies for two months=staying up later than we should have=not waking up in time for church)

Portuguese ward
V&A Museum
  (hollywood costume exhibit is the COOLEST)
Wagamamas
Westminster Pier



Monday

A run through Kensington gardens
Westminster Abbey
Changing of the Guards
National Portrait Gallery
Oxford Circus
St. Pauls
Singing in the Rain










Tuesday

Globe theater tour
Tate modern (I HATE MODERN ART)
Borough Market
Walk along the Thames
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
London Eye

Sarah is the BEST at making cute artsy crafts, like this bow. If you want one, she's your girl. 




A mirror and a blank piece of paper shaped as an octagon apparently qualify for art these days. 
Still not over it.

The only picture that proves these two were actually in London.




Wednesday

Coach tour of...
Windsor Castle
Stonehenge
Oxford













Disclaimer: if we look like we're doing something weird, it's probably Harry Potter related... I guess we were a little excited about the Great Hall. 
Who wouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment