Monday, April 21, 2014

Babies, showers, and temples.. oh my!

Haha ^ I seriously don't know. 

Gosh it's been a big couple days though! 

First things first... I am an AUNT! 

Remember how I said that my little niece was being a stinker? She was just giving us all a little scare but came through for us last minute... Haha for sure her father's daughter! :)

After my sister-in-law's water broke and they went into the hospital, they discovered she was no longer breech and they were ready to go! Chloe was born on Wednesday, April 16th... 10 days before my wedding! What a good niece right? I may be a tiny bit biased, but I really don't think there's a more perfect baby out there. Biggest congratulations to my brother and sister-in-law!






 ^those tiny toes! I die!^

Next up... My best friend Shayli and her mom threw me a shower on Friday! It was so cute and so fun! I was so appreciative of it all. Although I did decide I really hate opening gifts and I hate being the center of attention. Haha you don't want to be annoyingly appreciative but there's no other way to convey your gratitude! So to all the ladies who attended or participated in this shower... You guys rock. I seriously appreciate it SO much. 
 ^also this cake was so cute I loved it! Haha you know I'm not a real blogger though because my iPhone quality pics just aren't doing anything justice!^



And lastly, and maybe most importantly, I went through the temple on Saturday and took out my endowments. Gosh it was just the most special afternoon/evening. I can't think of a better day to go through the temple than the day before Easter, and the day that Christ visited the spirit world to organize His gospel there! It really was so special. 



Side note... I was nervous because I had heard SO many people talk about how strange it was. I had even heard people say that they didn't know what church they even belonged to before going through the temple! I honestly did not feel that at all. Everything in the temple can be found in the scriptures and it is so sacred and peaceful. It is definitely different than anything else we do, but it is amazing. If you're going through the temple any time soon, you really don't have anything to be anxious about! Just prepare well by inviting the spirit into your life and you'll absolutely love it! 

Haha and I promise this is the last thing. Yesterday, Christopher kept telling me he had a surprise for me all day haha. He was so excited about it. Once his brother and girlfriend came into the house, they handed us baskets and told us to go find all the eggs they had hidden around the house! Hahah I felt 8 again and it was so cute and fun! Thanks to the Melville's for putting that all together! 


Wedding week is here! 5 days! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment